About the IMTD Meetings
IMTD Meetings are held at the Holiday Inn by Junction 2 of the M6 which is a modern hotel with good facilities and ample car parking. The hotel is centrally placed in the UK and only a few hundred metres from Junction 2 of the M6.
The IMTD meetings are held four times a year, generally in March, June, September and December. These meetings also provide the opportunity for members to meet and exchange views on matters effecting driver and instructor training and to consider preparations for future development in these areas.
Typical Meeting Content
Through presentations made at these meetings by acknowledged experts in areas of relevance to those in the Driver Training industry, the IMTD membership are informed, educated, and able to ask questions in a Q&A session at the end of every presentation.
Subjects covered at recent meetings of IMTD included:
- Background to ISO 39001 Road Traffic Safety (RTS) Management Systems and gaining accreditation from Susanne Fribbins from the British Standards Institute.
- The Young Driver problem and Possible Solutions by Emeritus Professor Steve Stradling of Edinburgh Napier University.
- A excellent talk on Driver Licensing (and particularly the issues with PCV, LGV, Minibus, and imported “stretched” Limousines) from a UK Traffic Commissioner. This became an open and very informative Question and Answer session and was a rare and much appreciated opportunity to listen to such a knowledgeable and experienced professional.
- A detailed update on statistics and past, present, and proposed legislation involving recreational drug use by drivers.
- An explanation and a demonstration of the usage of new technology in Driver Training (the picture on the right shows an IMTD Member trying some of the new technology demonstrated).
IMTD Annual General Meeting (AGM)
The AGM is held at the third meeting of the year (usually in September). At the AGM, a new Executive Committee is elected to office for the following year.