Click here to read all news reports
• New statistics show that during 2018, 87% of cars exceeded the speed limit on roads with a 20mph limit. (15 comments)
• Road Safety GB is inviting nominations for the 2019 Lynda Chalker Award, which recognises individuals or organisations that have significantly influenced road safety in the UK.
• Cycling UK has teamed up with Uber to raise awareness of a ‘simple technique’ to ensure drivers avoid opening doors into the path of cyclists. (2 comments)
• The potential for autonomous vehicles to transform the lives of older people will come under the microscope at a one-day conference later this year.
• A group of young people will come together later this summer to discuss the barriers they face when it comes road safety. (1 comment)
• Active travel continues to be portrayed in the media as ‘risky and unsafe’, despite its health and environmental benefits, a new report concludes.
• Primary school pupils took to the streets last week to call for measures to reduce the dangers they face on the journey to school. (3 comments)
• The Scottish Government has pledged more than £70m towards greener transport choices.
• A new guide has been launched to help fleet operators maximise the safety benefits of telematics.
• Police forces across Wales are in the third week of a month-long clamp down on drink and drug driving.
• Evan Webster (PACTS) talking about seat belts. Listen
• Alan Kennedy & the future of Road Safety GB • Listen
• Alan Hiscox & equestrian road safety • Listen
• THINK! and young drivers • Listen
• Sgt Rob Heard & older drivers • Listen
• The future of the Road Safety GB Academy • Listen
• ‘All things 20mph’ • Listen
CAREERS IN ROAD SAFETY
Got a position to fill? Advertise on the Road Safety GB website for just £250 plus VAT. Find out more
EVENTS BY ROAD SAFETY GB
• Older Road User Conference • London • 24 September 2019 • More
• National Road Safety Conference 2019 • Telford • 12-13 November 2019 • More
• Young Driver Focus Conference 2019 • London • 1 May 2019 • See the presentations
Editor, Road Safety News