Click here to read all news reports
Last week was one of the busiest for several years in terms of road safety news. Here’s a summary of our coverage of the various announcements by the Government.
- Increasing penalties for failing to wear a seatbelt is one of 74 actions being considered by the DfT in a new road safety action plan.
- New drivers could face restrictions following the announcement that the Government is considering introducing a GDL scheme in England.
- Road Safety GB has developed a ‘world-first’ augmented reality teaching resource, which will be evaluated thanks to funding provided by the DfT.
- The Government has announced plans for a ‘first-of-its-kind’ joint review into roads policing and traffic enforcement.
- The London Borough of Hounslow has received the 2019 London Road Safety Award for raising the profile of adult cycle training in the borough.
- Road Safety Action plan – stakeholder reaction.
- Graduated driver licensing (GDL) – stakeholder reaction.
- Drivers who are caught speeding at more than 100mph should receive automatic bans, road safety charity Brake has said.
- TfL is keen to ‘urgently’ work with the Government to improve the motorcycle licencing system following a spike in deaths among young riders.
- The loss of the central government road safety grant has resulted in cut-backs to ETP activities and school crossing patrols, a new report finds.
- Our latest round-up of road safety news from across Europe includes details of fines for cyclists caught texting in the Netherlands.
• Evan Webster (PACTS) talking about seat belts. Listen
• Alan Kennedy & the future of Road Safety GB • Listen
- Alan Hiscox & equestrian road safety • Listen
• THINK! and young drivers • Listen
- Sgt Rob Heard & older drivers • Listen
• The future of the Road Safety GB Academy • Listen
- ‘All things 20mph’ • Listen
CAREERS IN ROAD SAFETY
• Collision Investigation Manager • Safer Roads Greater Manchester • Closing date 24/7/19 • More details
Got a position to fill? Advertise on the Road Safety GB website for just £250 plus VAT. Find out more
EVENTS BY ROAD SAFETY GB
• Older Road User Conference • London • 24 September 2019 • More
- National Road Safety Conference 2019 • Telford • 12-13 November 2019 • More