• The DfT has unveiled a new traffic sign, featuring a hedgehog, to warn road users of animal-related hazards.
• A new campaign has been launched to remind motorists visiting Scotland to drive on the left hand side of the road.
• With fewer than 100 days to go until Project EDWARD 2019, organisers have published a series of short, introductory videos.
• In the latest RSGB Talk podcast, host Edward Seaman is joined by Evan Webster from PACTS to discuss seat belts.
• Transport for Buckinghamshire has received a national award for a workshop which was completed more than 1,000 times in the weeks following launch.
• Ireland has been praised for its ‘strategic approach’ to road safety after bucking the trend and reducing annual deaths by more than 30% since 2010.
• Leicester City Council has stepped up efforts to keep children safe on the school run with a new ‘camera car’ to enforce parking restrictions.
• Thousands of new cycle spaces will be created at rail stations in an effort to help commuters make their journeys to work joined up and sustainable.
• Authorities in Essex have launched a new older driver course designed to increase confidence behind the wheel.
• The Scottish Government has pledged more than £400k to support ‘innovative or novel’ ideas to improve road safety.
• Evan Webster (PACTS) talking about seat belts. Listen
• Alan Kennedy & the future of Road Safety GB • Listen
• Alan Hiscox & equestrian road safety • Listen
• THINK! and young drivers • Listen
• Sgt Rob Heard & older drivers • Listen
• The future of the Road Safety GB Academy • Listen
• ‘All things 20mph’ • Listen
CAREERS IN ROAD SAFETY
Got a position to fill? Advertise on the Road Safety GB website for just £250 plus VAT. Find out more
EVENTS BY ROAD SAFETY GB
• Older Road User Conference • London • 24 September 2019 • More
• National Road Safety Conference 2019 • Telford • 12-13 November 2019 • More
• Young Driver Focus Conference 2019 • London • 1 May 2019 • See the presentations
Editor, Road Safety News