Click here to read all news reports
• Hackney Council has launched a new guide to help councils across the country introduce School Streets – which ban motor traffic outside schools at opening and closing times.
• A new community-led system for monitoring and managing road traffic speeds is being made available across the UK.
• Fear of air pollution is preventing a generation of children from walking to school, according to Living Streets.
• A new pilot scheme is allowing GPs in Cardiff to prescribe patients with a free six month membership to a cycle hire service.
• RoSPA is urging the Government to follow in the footsteps of Scotland and Wales and adopt road safety targets in England.
• In the latest of a series looking at the 2019 Young Driver Road Safety Awards’ winners, we profile ‘Who’s Driving You?’ by New View Consultants and Extern.
• Nearly 13,000 schoolchildren from across Nottingham have taken part in an annual road safety quiz – improving their knowledge of road signs, cycling and safely crossing the road.
• Three London boroughs have stepped up efforts to help fleet managers switch to sustainable modes of transport, such as e-bikes.
• Councils have warned that motorists are putting their lives at risk by buying ‘dangerous’ second-hand tyres.
• Walking, cycling and sustainable travel schemes across Scotland are being encouraged to bid for a share of £2m, with the aim of changing everyday travel behaviour.
• Our latest round-up of road safety news from across Europe includes news of legislation to allow e-scooters on roads in Germany.
• Alan Kennedy & the future of Road Safety GB • Listen
• Alan Hiscox & equestrian road safety • Listen
• THINK! and young drivers • Listen
• Sgt Rob Heard & older drivers • Listen
• The future of the Road Safety GB Academy • Listen
• ‘All things 20mph’ • Listen
CAREERS IN ROAD SAFETY
Got a position to fill? Advertise on the Road Safety GB website for just £250 plus VAT. Find out more
EVENTS BY ROAD SAFETY GB
• Older Road User Conference • London • 24 September 2019 • More
• National Road Safety Conference 2019 • Telford • 12-13 November 2019 • More
• Data Analysts’ Conference 2019 • London • 5 March 2019 • See the presentations
• Young Rider Focus Conference 2019 • Birmingham • 6 March 2019 • See the presentations
• Young Driver Focus Conference 2019 • London • 1 May 2019 • See the presentations